- Government scheme administered by Ofgem
- Encourages renewable electricity generation
- Covers domestic Solar PV installations
- You are paid for the electricity you generate
- You are paid for the electricity you export
- Save on your energy bills
The Feed-In Tariff is a government scheme that offers financial incentives to encourage the uptake of small-scale renewable and low-carbon electricity generating technologies including Solar PV, Wind, Hydro, Anaerobic Digestion and Micro CHP systems.
By way of example, under the scheme a person installing a qualifying Solar Photovoltaic System is eligible to receive a series of regular payments from their energy supplier in the form of a Generation Tariff and an Export Tariff that continue for a ‘tariff period’ of currently 20 years.
[Last updated: January 15]